What should I use to flush the motor..

JasonHDuty@aol.com JasonHDuty@aol.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:21:43 EST

In a message Geo wrote:

> I think some of the problems people
>  have had are due to the flush dislodging gunk without fully dissolving it
>  and it ends up clogging one of these passages.  A little oil starvation on
>  bearing and you're hosed.

When this thread went around in 98 (99?) I bought a bottle of the STP stuff &
marched into the shop to baptize my 90k mile Classic.  My tech took one look
at the bottle, and executed a perfect 3 point shot into the dumpster.  (I did
the same thing once when my wife bought Hunt's ketchup, so I understood
completely.)  He basically said his take on it was the same as you stated,
Geo.  Don't dislodge a bunch of stuff to float around & block up something
else.

IMHO
JD