Power steering kit status

Joel Ward joelw@mcdirect.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:06:34 -0800

Just today Greg Vogel and I looked at the pulleys for this project. It
will be a stock nissan 4 rib pulley with bearings so the reliability and
ease of replacement parts will be good. This pulley is smaller in
diameter and a new belt may be required. The machine shop is lined up.
The price is hanging between $100 and $110 NOT including a belt. The kit
would contain a machined block of aluminum threaded to fit between the
stock PS brackets and use the OEM bolts, mounted to the block will be a
genuine Nissan pulley with bearings. Also included** will be 2 bolts to
plug the now empty holes in the steering rack.

**The only remaining question is how to plug the holes in the steering
rack after the lines are removed. From the FSM I see there is an O-ring
at the end of a nipple. Can I just use a shallow bolt and a crush washer
to seal the 2 holes? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

All those who responded earlier please reply to confirm you are still
interested!
Tom Paule
nismodriver@AOL.com (John?)
eeyore5182@aol.com/ got2speed@aol.com (alex?)
Mike Kojima
Thomas Fox
Andrew Phan
Shanon Fitzpatrick

Joel W.
Random Thoughts Racing
B13/Altima rear STB's ** sr20 PS elim. kit SOON!