Magnaflow muffler

Brian Kokoska bkoko001@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:13:30 -0800 (PST)

Brent wrote:
Is there a specific magnaflow muffler for the b13
sentra with a t-28
turbo
setup?
I've read about a "Raspiness" in the exhaust tone
around 4K rpm...does
this
happen with the turbo or just the n/a's?
I want to get the straight through one right?  How
about a
resonator....are
they worth the extra cash?

Brent FWIW I think you should get a 3" Magnaflow with
a straight through perforated core *and* should use a
resonator.  I have this setup and it is very quiet.
So quiet that the muffler shop manager who did my
welds for me commented on how he was surprised how
quiet the finished product was (as opposed to sounding
like a buzzy piece of crap).
I have noticed no unusual resonance at any RPM.  As
far as finding a custom muffler for a turbo se-r goes
I don't know if they have one but I wouldn't think so.
 I'm sure if there is one someone will correct me.
Just measure how much space you have for a muffler and
make sure you don't buy one that won't fit.
Good luck!
Brian

=====
92 SE-R w/ mods