Cold start probs with a 93 Infiniti G20

Mark Holden mark@vectorworld.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:50:22 -0600

Geo wrote:
> >Holding it to the floor puts the ecu in 'clear flood' mode.

> Say what?  Do you have an FSM reference?  Never heard of
> such a thing.

I can't say for certain that the SR20 works this way, but it
is very common for fuel injected car to work this way.  Basically
because holding the throttle wide open was the cure for flooded
cars with carbs, they carried the action over, but applied it in
computer.

Generally WOT+Starter Cranking = Flood recovery mode.

Since my SR20's never flooded that I can recall, I can't give
firsthand experience with this, but I will say that this was
about the only way to start my Probe when the engine was warm
(flooded every stinking time the car was shut off).

Same was true with every fuel injected car I, my brothers,
parents, and friends have ever owned.  I've read it in
owner's manuals, heard it from a lot of monkeys, and done
it often enough myself to believe it.

-Mark Holden
'93 Classic, some stuff, no flooding.