problems with clutch install

Thomas Reynolds treynolds@gonetrix.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:19:25 -0500

Jay wrote:
>Oh, THE DISK WILL NOT FIT BACKWARDS for Gods sake. I have seen that
>listed every time someone has a clutch problem for the past month.

This is true. This weekend I specifically checked this and found that if you
are running a disc that has a springed hub, when flipped toward the flywheel
the hub and springs hit the flywheel bolts preventing the disc from seating
flush against the flywheel. Unless you are a complete idiot, and didn't look
you would crush and bend your disc when you tighten the PP down. BUT you
would still have a 4mm gap between the friction surface and the face of the
flywheel.

The only other case is if you install a 4-6 puck disc or a disc with out a
protruding hub section. If that was the case, it probably would work either
way!

>If you are handing out advice, DON'T GUESS. Anyone can guess. Give some
>useful information or be quiet.

Jay I would generally I agree with you here but sometimes even stupid ideas
can spur something legitimate. I was desperate in my particular request for
help and said so, so I welcomed such inaccuracies.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
Fmax Stage II Turbo