is this guy blowing smoke up my you-know what?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
16 Dec 2001 22:03:19 -0600

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 21:22, EEYORE5182@aol.com wrote:

> ok, i finally got my welded tranny installed.  i went back to get the old
> tranny and the car, and the mechanic who put it in said he filled my manual
> tranny with ATF!

This is pretty common practice.  I wouldn't worry about it too much, but
I'd much rather have some Redline MT-90, which isn't *that* different
from Redline ATF, except that it's specifically formulated for manual
transmissions.

> he said somthing like "dont worry, its fine.  dont let
> anyone tell you different.  gear oil will make the shifting harder in the
> cold.

This rings true, but MT-90 is better.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |