My 200SX is back on the road, Fmax equipped!!

Thomas Reynolds treynolds@gonetrix.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:57:02 -0500

Got the clutch in today overnight Saturday delivery from ACT, it looked
great. Started bolting everything up around 1:30, got done about 6:00. Crunk
her up, and proceeded to start selecting GEARS!

Went to the gas station 5 miles up the road and filled her up (the fuel
light was on) and ripped it. Immediately lost traction in first out of the
gas station and choked it into second before watching the boost gauge go to
8lbs.... So far so good. I have the exhaust unbolted after the cat so it is
EXTREMELY LOUD AS HELL. Which I don't like because I can't hear it spool
much, blow off, or even hear myself think for that matter. The oil pressure
is like 5-10 psi at idle (850ish) and goes as high as 40 psi max. That
concerns me. I have never had a gauge before so I don't know what it would
have been before.

I have noticed after driving for about 20 miles that the oil fitting on the
turbo has just barely started to leak so I have to look at that tomorrow.

Pulls hard when it spools though! I am glad I got the .63 housing and got it
extrude honed. Give me a few weeks to drive it and I'll have a better report
plus a huge thank you list. I have been helped by so many...

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo
Albany, GA