Geekin' again

NX 2000 nx2ked@hotmail.com
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:26:56 -0800

I'm confused now.  So is drivetrain loss a percentage or a relatively a
certain # of hp's from a stock car and a fully modded car?  IE if my stock
NX put out 125 hp's to the wheels equals 12% drivetrain loss still have 12%
drivetrain loss or loses 15 hp's through the drivetrain and wasted energy
though I turbo'd the car and put down 300 hp's to the wheels.
And if the Spec V is rated at 175 hp's and 180 ft/lbs torque, and put down
141 hp's and 150 torque, 20% drivetrain loss gives me 180 torque and 169.2
hp's. To me, the hp's to the wheels seem down but the torque isn't quite as
low.  What am I missing?

Edwen

>From: "Jon Davis" <jfdavis@epix.net>

The # you get is minus