sr20ve

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:53:11 -0800 (PST)

Thge X-Trail has VVL only on the intake cam.  An issue
with the regular VVL is that it has too much overlap
for some turbo applications.  Turbos increse
backpressure and if the turbo is not operating in
crossover, lots of overlap results in reversion.  When
this happens the engine has a hard time getting rid of
internal heat resulting in detonation and worse.

With bigger turbos, this is not as much of an issue as
with smaller turbos like T25-T28's.

Mike