Automobile

Jon Davis jfdavis@epix.net
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:44:41 -0500

Mike Schaeffer wrote:

> whole transvestite hooker thing struck me like they were reaching beyond
> their range of adjectives in a lame, 3rd grade, attempt to say they didn't

Sounds like a reasonable appraisal, I was a little surprised to see that
reference.

> When I test drove the car, I didn't get the chance to push it as hard as
> I would have liked.  It was a test drive, and seeing the 10 miles on the

Well, the salesman tossed me the keys and said "take a spin". I didn't take
him literally, but I put the car through its paces. I was immediately in
love. When he told me the price, I almost signed the papers on the spot.
That car makes my '92 SER feel like a minivan on barbituates. Even with my
350+ lb friend in the car, it pulls better than mine. It handles better too.
I went around some turns at what would be "tire squeal" speed for mine. It
just ate 'em up and asked for more. Even today, almost a month later, it is
hard to resist calling the dealer and buying one right now. Lucky for me, my
mom bought the one I test drove, so I can go drive hers. :)

> Doesn't the WRX also have fishnet-style cloth?  I seem to remember a
> blue/black design similar to the SE-R's.  Is this just a color thing?

I don't know, I didn't look at the WRX much. It is all about color for me, I
personally love the fishnet fabric. I have never felt a fabric that does as
good a job of keeping you planted during spirited driving. The stuff just
grips your clothes.

Jon Davis