Dropping idle when stopping

Brian Jones jonesbri@cfl.rr.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:12:39 -0500

> cleaned the throttle
> body with carb cleaner (just sprayed it in)

Be careful with doing that.  Just for future reference, you should have made
sure you read the correct procedures in a FAQ somewhere about cleaning the
engine.  What happens is that if you just spray the stuff in the throttle
body, it will gunk off and coat the insides of the engine.  Not good...soo
you really have to remove the throttle body to clean it properly.

> and ran wymm's injector cleaner through the gas tank.  It
> has not stalled again as it was but it has the same symptoms.

Hmm really not necessary for the injectors in our engines.  They are very
clean
and usually never require cleaning.

-Brian Jones
93.5 G