Dropping idle when stopping

Andy Makim makima@macewan.ca
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:30:15 -0700

>On my 91' G20 when I come to a stop the RPMs will drop to about 250 or so
>and sit there for a sec before gradually going back up to about 750.
<edit>
>mobil 1 filter, and ran wymm's injector cleaner through the gas tank.  It
>has not stalled again as it was but it has the same symptoms.  Any ideas?

First, I'd try changing back the stock NGK plats, SR motors are notoriously
fussy for what plugs you put in them.

K&N wouldn't cause the problem, reset the ECU just in case (unplug the
battery overnight and hook it back up in the morning, after about a week,
it'll reprogram itself)

Instead of just spraying the carb cleaner in, spray it, let it soak for a
minute, then take an old toothbrush and brush the blade, and walls with it.

Never use cheap injector cleaner on an SR motor, I don't think they like
them. Some suggest not even using the good stuff like B&M.

I could be wrong on all counts, but this is what I've tried myself and works :)

Anyone else have any ideas?

Andy

'91 Turbo NX2000
'96 200SX SE