se-r digest, Vol 8 #822 - 31 msgs

Mike Schaeffer mschaef@mschaef.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:02:33 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 se-r-request@lists.deskmedia.com wrote:

> Some three years ago now I exchanged several Emails with Jean Jennings on
> the subject of the Classic SE-R.  Mike and I discussed it at that time.
> Jennings was very taken with the Classic and was pressing for Nissan to
> do an upgraded version.  It is incomprehensible to me that Automobile
> now seems to have no memory with regard to the SE-R.  I just don't
> understand their take on all this.  Time for a "letters to the editor"
> campaign perhaps.  I am writing one.

They mentioned the classic in the current review, actually towards the
beginning of the article. Something about tearful recollections of the
original SE-R raising their expectations of the new one. They gave the
impression that the connections to the original SE-R and the Skyline
V-Spec didn't help their impression of the new SE-R Spec V, and that the
new car was something of a let down.

-Mike