Automobile

Lee Koloszyc nx2kracer@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:52:55 -0500

-> * Steering feel - they spent a lot of time talking about the steering
->   feel on the Sentra SE-R.
Initially the feel on the Spec V is very strange (even coming from driving
an NX with VLSD).
It almost gives you the feeling the car is sliding/rear end is coming out,
it isn't really confidence building at first.
Once you get used to it though it is simply awesome, you can pretty much
floor i as soon as the car is pointed toward the apex and the car will yank
you right through the turn.  I can see some pansy auto journalists not
liking it's superior handling. Even with the crappy tires it handles
wonderfully.
The rack ratio is super, as is the power steering feel.
-> * Body control - They praise the SE-R's body control and then dismiss
->   it as unimportant. The GTI's agressively three wheeled cornering
->   style, however, is apparantly a riot of fun.
Well I was lifting the inside rear wheel on the Spec V at VIR, guess they
weren't pushing it hard enough. And to think I was taking it easy!  And body
control unimportant? What is that crap.....   Silly fools.....
 -> * Interior - Santa Monica Transvestive Hookers apparantly find
->   the SE-R's cloth fabric tacky. I
I personally like it, but it goes about half and half with my friends. Some
don't Some do.  There is no denying the seats are wonderfully supportive,
especially on the track. No knees bracing on the door the whole day.  It
really was super enjoyable.