Can you guys help me decide on motor swap?

Greyson Crowe GCrowe@itd.state.id.us
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:51:44 -0700

"Do not under any circumstances become an engineer."

Well I'm now goin back to school for Industrial Design...AKA car design.  I
was in mechanical engineering mylst year thinking I'd get a degree in that
and then go on to industrial...But I'm glad I got out while I did, plus all
I did was build fake bridges and do lotsa calculus.  Anyways I talked a guy
near me and he said basically have $4000 and he can get me everything
meaning JWT ECU and and intercooler piping.  Said I'd probably have change
left over....SO I think I might do this.  THe reason I'm thinkin bout keepin
the car now is if were to get another car, I'd never hear the end of it from
my parents...and being a student and 19 means they still bug me when they
see I've spent money on my car.  With a new motor they'll never kno the
difference until they want to borrow it : )  I figure it's like my car has
110K on the 1.6....and it's great.  But I want more power and I love the
handling of this lil car...so might as well spend the $4000 and make myself
happy?  And what reliability issues will I run into?  BTW..The guy doing my
swap (not till this summer), is David Lau..he may be on the list.  He's done
a number of these swaps and knows his stuff.
Thanx again,
Greyson
Pretty sure I'm keeping the Sentra