check-in - what are you driving?

Matthew Ostlund sr20ve at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:35:30 EST 2018

I sold off my last SR20 car a 2002 G20 Sport 5spd in 2011.  I was daily
driving a 2007 Forester XT Sport 5 speed from 2011 until this March when I
picked up a 2018 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6 speed.  I've never owned a
German car before and this is also my first new car I've ever bought.  It's
very comfortable and quiet and even though it's a base model it has more
features than any car I've had.  I'm holding off on modding the drivetrain
to preserve the warranty a bit longer but I did install lowering springs.

My fun cars these days are Miatas.  I've had a string on them including a
'99 10AE 300hp built motor turbo monster.  I currently have a 2006 NC with
a 2.5 liter swapped from a Mazda 6, and a 2002 NB that's getting a 3.6L LFX
V6 (323hp/278torques) from a 2012 Camaro.

It's interesting to see all the cool cars that you guys have been getting
into and even cooler to see that some of you still have your SR20 cars!

Matt