Rear suspension

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sun Jul 22 07:55:00 EDT 2018

Sorry for the late reply. I second what Tim says below about the long
bolt holding the parallel arms to the knuckle. Although, most of us have
no luck with penetrating oil and any amount of cheater bar or impact
gun. So many of us have had to saw through that bolt. Be prepared to
need to do that yourself. The problem is that the bolt is so long, it
twists (acting like a spring) instead of transferring the force where
you need it. That bolt is the only "gotcha" in the rear suspension. Good
luck.

Are you aware of the parallel arms with spherical bearings that TurboFX
makes? Since you're replacing yours, I thought I'd mention it since a
lot of us have done this upgrade in the past 8 years they've been
available. However, they do add a bit of noise, so if that's what you're
trying to solve, don't bother. They do eliminate all of the binding that
the stock suspension has built in. And they provide independent camber
adjustment (in addition to retaining the stock toe adjustability) if
that's something you're interested in.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Turbo SE-R
2000 M-Coupe