low power above 4k rpm

Kieran Lavin kieran at kieranlavin.com
Mon Jan 22 12:26:32 EST 2018

Fixed what you said for you......

kieran

________________________________
From: se-r <se-r-bounces at se-r-list.org> on behalf of John Heer <johnheer at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 12:25 PM
To: David Pertuz; SE-R List
Subject: Re: low power above 4k rpm

Could it be the dreaded grounding of the TPS issue that so many of us dealt with 40 years ago when these cars first came out?

John Heer
several SR20DE's

- John

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:40 AM, David Pertuz <d.pertuz at gmail.com<mailto:d.pertuz at gmail.com>> wrote:
Finally fixed the primary fueling problem with new injectors and then new O-rings on those injectors (for some reason the new ones didn't come with O-rings and I initially reused the ones I had, which led to problems on two cylinders) and the car runs normally for normal driving. But I noticed yesterday that it still more or less falls on its face above about 4000rpm. It's not a hard ignition or fuel cut, but it stutters and power sort of plateaus.

I've got some time today so I'm going to check the ECU for codes (it's been so long since I've done that that I have to look it up again) and will pull the plugs to inspect them for clues. Ignition components don't have much mileage on them but may do ignition tune up anyway because why not? But I thought I'd check with y'all for ideas, too. If nothing else, it's a bit of activity here!

David
in warm, rainy Chicago