A strange fuel/spark issue

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 16:54:59 EDT 2017

Update: Injector #4 was stuck open. No idea how that happened, but when I
replaced it the problem went away. Good!

In other news, it turns out I don't have a rod bearing issue after all. In
2007 I thought I started hearing the signs of rod bearings starting to go,
and kept an ear on it. I stopped driving the car in 2008 when I moved to
Chicago. The car sat and sat, put it back on the road last year....no
noise. Huh?! Did an oil change on all my cars last month and sent a sample
off to Blackstone - no evidence in the oil of bad bearings. I have no idea
what I was hearing years ago, then. but I'm glad to see it! So no worries
about the engine. But I don't need the spare I picked up last year from
Josh Palmer any more (anyone need one?) Maybe I will swap in the S4 cams,
though.

I think I forgot to attach the photo in my last email - picked it up in
Vancouver, BC in June and drove it home. Great car!

​