se-r Digest, Vol 24, Issue 10

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 22:30:05 EST 2017

George, we finally added a manual wagon to our stable, so that means we
are a BMW family now too (not by choice I insist!).
Like George, I'm in a Z3 M, but mine is the polarizing Coupe version. We
added an E91 wagon, manual transmission, RWD, sport seats, chocolate
leather, white paint, heated seats, no navigation = no iDrive. It is the
proper unicorn of E91 wagons.

The SE-R has been basically complete (yes, I had a goal for it and
followed it through) for 5-6 years now. I am slowly getting a few
niggles taken care of while I plan to pass it on to another owner. Keep
an eye out for that, as it might be super cheap (think less than $100).
It is getting an entire brake overhaul, including custom caliper
adapters I've been wanting to machine for a decade now...

Include the wife's Beetle which we are also trying to get rid of and you
have 4 cars, all manuals. =P

-Ben Fenner
1994 Turbo SE-R
2000 M-Coupe