SE-R updates

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:47:26 EST 2016

Spent some time on the car today, getting the hood adjusted so that I can
open it with the release unassisted, fixed the exhaust leak, and replaced
the non-firing #4 injector with one from my spare motor. Didn't get the
thermostat replaced since I broke the screw head off a rusty hose clamp, so
that will have to wait till next weekend. Now that it is at full power, it
is also at 100% joy to drive. :)

But the unexpected thing that made me smile yesterday was during a trip to
the dealer to pick up a few small things. I left it parked in the service
area while I went to the parts desk, and when I came back to young guys who
worked in the service area (they looked about 20-25 years old) were waiting
for me. They asked me how many miles it had, and other questions, admired
its condition and lack of rust, and said, "we never see these Sentras any
more, and it's an SE-R so it's even cooler." (Paraphrasing). I was
surprised that a couple of guys who were no older than the car were so
interested in it!

David
Chicago