electric power steering

Matt McCrary mattmccrary at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:25:14 EDT 2014

With electric power steering, the steering wheel is no longer connected
directly to the rack... If there was an obstruction to the steering, you
wouldn't be able to feel it in the steering wheel.. It moves the same no
matter what. As speed increases, many manufacturers reduce the amount of
angle the wheel turns. They call this speed sensitive steering. They don't
because of the inherent lack of feedback. Does this help explain?

I'm going to be replacing my B13 SE-R power steering rack with a manual
rack from an "E" model in the next year... This has even more feedback than
traditional power steering racks.  :)