B13, alternate engine swaps?

Jim Wright 06specv at themailshack.com
Sun Feb 9 21:14:34 EST 2014

Hey folks.  Does anyone have any direct experience dropping something other than an SR20DE/DET into a B13 chassis?  Those motors are getting hard to find, and I'm looking for something I might be able to pick up at a local salvage yard for cheap.

I've come across a number of forum posts with various questionable information on KA24DE and QR20/25 swaps, most missing many install details, or even details on a finished build.

I'm investigating options to build up a car that would be track worthy and maintainable without going to a new chassis.