se-r.net web site

Lawrence Weeks lweeks at anabasis.net
Wed Sep 11 18:48:56 EDT 2013

Guys, I don't have the time right now to deal with this in too much
depth. However, let me be clear. Hosting the data is not an issue. I
have just one issue: hosting it with personal contact data that is
causing people grief when I brought the site back up. I asked if
people could help scrubbing it.

The second question was whether somebody has a good use for SE-R.net
to make it relevant. That doesn't mean shipping all the data off
somewhere else, nor was it an offer to have SE-R.net just feed into
some other existing site. If the data is to go up, my preference is to
leave it as it is, just scrubbed some. It was a volunteer community
site, people contributed to it as members of the community, and
without explicit permission from those contributors, I am not going to
consent to it being hosted on some other site. I am more than happy to
leave it up as a historical artifact for this community, which
apparently would be of use to people still.

I doubt anybody has the interest or time to do another more modern
community site (versus a linkage to some commercial site), perhaps a
semi-open wiki, and haven't heard otherwise. There are forums and
commercial sites that cater to what people need now, and that's fine
by me.

At this point, the horse has been beaten raw. I have some people who
have written and volunteered to help, and when I have some time I'll
be in touch.

Larry