engine support with the crossmember removed

Lawrence Weeks lweeks at anabasis.net
Wed May 22 13:32:30 CDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Christopher Scarpulla
<cscarpulla at gmail.com> wrote:
> "getting the car up high enough to slide the engine out the bottom was
> fussy."
>
> Lower the engine & transmission onto cardboard, or something similarly
> slippery, lift the front of the car up using the engine hoist, and slide
> that sucker on out.

I did that the last time I removed an engine, when I was junking the
body and didn't care about anything getting bent up. Otherwise, I just
used larger/taller jack stands in the front, shorter in the rear. I
also used sections of white oak planks to boost the stands as I
recall.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd