Flush or Drain?

Ron A atteber1 at bellsouth.net
Sat May 19 20:54:54 CDT 2012

My daughter has a 2002 G20 Sport. I want to replace the automatic
transmission fluid. Is there really a filter in there or just a screen?
Any suggestions as to what fluid I should use? Should I drain it our
should I take it somewhere and have them hook up the lines from the
radiator and flush the fluid.

  I haven't had a chance to see if the pan has a drain plug or if I have
to drop the pan. If it has a drain plug and I should drain it, I'll do
the 3 times thing. Drain, refill, drive, drain, refill, drive, drain,
refill. That is why I need to know whether or not to change the "filter".

I'm changing the axles and rotors too. It's going to be a fun Memorial
Day weekend.

A lot of questions, I know, but it's complicated and I don't want to
shorten the life of the transmission. I get the digest, so please reply
to me directly. Thanks!

Ron