91 NX2000 low miles - worth picking up?

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 13 21:03:41 CDT 2012

On 3/13/2012 1:01 PM, jaretr1 at aol.com wrote:
> I always wished I had that one extra gear on my SE-R to get the rpms
> down for highway driving. Then again I also wish my rsx had one more
> gear for the same reason.

Always annoyed by the 5th gear in the B13; was screaming at > 3300 rpm
at 80 mph.  I thought about swapping in the 5th from a G20 but IIRC the
input shaft gears were one piece and could not be mixed & matched.

Being a 20 year old econo box, Nissan seems to have almost discontinued
replacement parts for B13s.  The RSX-S is so freakin' similar in so many
ways, it's well worth your consideration if you're looking for "that
feel".  I liked mine better than the 3 E36 M3s I've driven, but then I
only had limited seat time in them, vs a daily driver.

This is a cool article, though I'd definitely go for 2005 or 2006 than
the earlier ones:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/acura-rsx-type-s-page-6

-Wayne