Starter problems

Wade Jackson srwadet at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 15:35:35 CDT 2011

After my last race, my B13 would not start.  When I turned the key, I would hear a small click but that was it.  Recently, I put a volt meter on the starter poles and it showed 12V.  Next I put it on the solenoid wire and it also jumped to 12v when I turned the key.  I figured that I had a bad starter.  I removed it and had it tested at Advance this morning and it tested fine.    Previously to the complete failure, occasionally it was take several turns of the key to get the starter to activate.  When it did, it seemed normal.  At that time, I was thinking it was a key/ignition problem.  I just bought a used starter from JGY.  I'm planning to install that one tonight to see if it helps.  The guy at Advance suggested that my battery may be bad but showing the right voltage. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Wade