Blower Motor - Gotta be a quick answer...

Greg Amy grega at pobox.com
Wed Aug 10 21:12:52 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:46 AM, George Roffe <geo31 at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> Pondering this, I think it HAS to be the switch.

And it was....the blower switch. Not ENTIRELY coincidental, likely as
a result of my leaving the switch on full-blast while recharging after
replacing the compressor/dryer. The contacts inside the switch are
mounted on a plastic base, and I'm surmising that leaving it on
full-bore for 30-45 minutes caused the contacts to heat up, which
"sunk" the electrical contact plates deeper into the plastic, opening
the circuit. Not helping the matter was some surface corrosion and
dryness of the contact plates, which undoubtedly increased resistance
and thus heat.

Roffe wins again!

Unfortunately, I do not have a spare as I thought I might. Shouldn't
be a problem, as NAPA shows to be carrying one for $34...

Thanks for the tips, guys!

GA