Blower Motor - Gotta be a quick answer...

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Wed Aug 10 08:46:45 CDT 2011

Pondering this, I think it HAS to be the switch. It's the only thing that can control both the blower fan and the compressor. If the compressor shuts off (say for pressure or it just dies), the blower fan should still work. However, if you turn the blower fan competely off (even with the AC button pushed), it will shut down the compressor.
Even if the fan switch sends a signal to the ECU, if the switch is bad, no signal is sent. The LED being out would be just like having the AC button pushed but the fan speed set to "Off."
Geo

---- wc701lists at bellsouth.net wrote:

The switch does not go to the compressor. It sends a signal to the ECU
to "please turn on the compressor." So it seems odd the indicator LED
would be out too. Suggests the prob is upstream from the ECU?? Check
switch, fuses, wiring to the switch?

-Wayne