Cv joints

RHS helicoptermech at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 23:39:45 CDT 2011

Anyone out there replacing the entire front axle needs to be aware of the poor quality of the aftermarket axles available. I recently replaced both my front axles on my 96 200 sx se-r only to develop oil leaks on both sides of the gearbox immediately after. Be aware that in many cases these offshore companies machine the seal journal during rebuild. It will look fine but it will be undersized and the seals will no longer function. I had to replace both shafts AGAIN as well as both seals. $440 later it stopped leaking. Measure the journals when you remove your old shaft and measure the replacement shaft before you attpt to install it. You should never buy the cheap chineese shafts either. They are junk. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone