CV joint help! con't

Jeff Hager submarinesammy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 15:09:54 CDT 2011

Chris,

I'm doing the job with hand tools so the brake rotor trick is good. I've used the brake pedal with a block as well.

I usually usually insert cussing into this job at the point when I pull the axle.  If I have a problem, I'll bring rope and try that trick.

I remember taking the fill plug out the first time. i put antiseize on it then.

I'm pretty positive I pulled the swaybar end link last time.  I may disconnect it before I jack up the car.

I don't intend to pull the brake caliper or rotor if I can help it.

The last time I did this there was slop in the strut mount bolt, not much but it was there.  I'll see if I can mark it to retain alignment.

Thanks,

Jeff