Starter

UtilityCow utilitycow at gmail.com
Wed May 11 13:59:56 CDT 2011

Er, face recognition? That never resulted in one arrest, AFAIK, because they
would have plastered it all over the news to gloat about what a great idea
it was.  It was likely a system sold by a friend or relative of a City
Council member. What a waste. It was discontinued in 2003 at the end of the
two year trial period.
I was stranded with a whiny girlfriend on a hot muggy rainy Florida night in
a car that wouldn't start. The windows were fogged, but not from anything
pleasant. Luckily after a while it started.
 Ybor wasn't quite as safe in 94 as it is now. It's become hip to buy a
hundred year old house in downtown and restore it, so a lot of the folks are
childless 30 somethings (like me) who hang out in the wine bars at night and
complain about the drunk kids peeing in their yards (unlike me). I did get
locked inside New World Brewery a few years ago due to a shooting that
happened right around the corner from the bar. Florida has great concealed
carry and self defense laws, and the criminals know it. We have had a steady
decrease in violent crimes here along with a steady increase in concealed
carry licenses and gun sales.

You still near Tampa? Yesterday I saw a B13 SE-R with motor and trans at
LKQ/Copher's.