20 Years

Jason Puckett dbax_fan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 00:18:25 CDT 2011

I loved the "20 years" post...it's been 18 years this month since my SE-R was
built...17 years 2 months and 1 day since I bought my Ruby Pearl SE-R.  "Ruby"
was the last '93 on the lot when I bought her with 29 miles on the clock.  I
still drive her regularly, not the daily driver anymore but I still love getting
behind the wheel.  She actually feels stronger since I replaced the fuel pump
last year.  Lots of good memories associated with Ruby.  All the college road
trips with friends, Friday Night Drags at Firebird Raceway, the 2002 SERCA
convention here in Phoenix, hanging out with guys like Terry Vincent & Kyle
Gilliland and exchanging emails with guys like Larry Weeks, CAG, Mike Kojima,
Searl Tate and others.  I always looked forward to the SE-R digests to see what
was up in the SE-R community.  I was excited to get the next issue of Sport
Compact Car or Turbo magazine and I remember when we lost fellow SE-R pilot Matt
Kempe.

With the economy lately I've considered selling her a few times but just can't
imagine life without an SE-R in my garage.  I don't think I could ever find
another car that's as much fun for as little $$ though I have some hope for the
new Toyota FT86...we'll see.  A buddy of mine had an S14 240sx that he loved and
to this day still kicks himself for selling it.  I don't want to be in that
situation.

Just glad to hear I'm not the only one with the unhealthy attachment to an
(almost) 20 year old car!  :-)

Message: 7