20 Years

Robert Legere rlegere at snet.net
Wed Mar 30 11:56:23 CDT 2011

*****Geo, that's why I was glad that Jack Laverty's '91 SE-R is going to live a new life as a fully revamped racecar. It was starting to rust and had been 'semi-retired' a couple years ago. Heck, even the rust doesn't bother me too much, I will replace any rusted parts with lighter gauge steel, or aluminum, or composites...
      Besides, rusty cars are self-lightening

Bob

Sadly, my SE-R, the car I wanted to own the rest of my life suffers from the 4 winters it spent in the northeast. The rust is terminal. Oh sure, I could fix it, but that would require a rotissarie. Just not smart money to restore it. When working on my 944 one day I saw something fall from the SE-R out of the corner of my eye. Turns out it was a big chunk of rusted metal. It was literally rusting apart in front of my eyes. VERY sad moment. It's when I realized it would not be worth keeping. Had I lived in Texas when I bought it and it spent its whole life here, it would live on as long as I do.