Automatics (was: 20 Years)

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 30 11:04:24 CDT 2011

On 3/30/2011 11:41 AM, George Roffe wrote:
>  >My daily is now an automatic.
>
> Oh, SO many ways to respond to that.....
> How about BAN!

HeHe... automatics are so confusing!  I can't believe they're supposed
to be more simple?!?!?  Last one I owned was a 1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass
that the city of Cincinnati towed off as "street junk" in March 1988.
And the new cars have so many stupid interlocks;  I have trouble
figuring out how to start and shift them on the occasions when I drive one.

I was at friends' superbowl party last month and a lady guest came in
complaining the keys were stuck in her Kia and the electronics were all
still on and the battery would run down.  So I go out trying to be the
manly mechanic guy, and can not get they key to come out with any amount
of steering column maneuvering.  Then Joe hops in, brakes and jiggles
the shifter and *pop* it's right out.  Doh!

Autos are kinda nice in traffic jams, and if you're a big city commuter
I would not think too poorly of you for having one.

-Wayne