funky brake weirdness

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Sun May 23 23:07:27 CDT 2010

Felt a little alarmed after driving the G20 tonight.

Several times (twice on stops from higher speed, e.g. freway off ramp,
though once pulling into a parking spot) braking was fine until ca.
10mph when the pedal starts kicking back like the ABS is activating
(though not as strongly) and braking response (IOW stopping power) goes
crap. Reaction: !!? ABS light in cluster does not go on.

Background: on one occasion, in January, I had some funky ABS symptoms -
cluster light on, ABS appeared to not be working when I tested it.

Other background: drove car to MI this weekend. Other than a failed
drive to jump-start the battery in early April, the car has sat in my
garage since late Jnuary. I don't drive a lot.

It is as if there is something funny going on with a wheel speed sensor.
Felt somewhat like ABS was activating when it shouldn't have. Any of
y'all had  something like this happen? I won't have time to diagnose
this for a week and a half or so, unfortunately.

David