NX Highway Cruisin'...

Greg Amy grega at pobox.com
Fri Aug 21 08:06:53 CDT 2009

> I'll try to remember to look up those specs tomorrow.

I *think* these may be it:

B13
1-3.063
2-1.826
3-1.286
4-.975
5-.756
FD-4.176

P10 (91-93)
1-3.063
2-1.826
3-1.207
4-.926
5-.733
FD-4.058

So, 1-2 is the same, 3-5 is a bit more spaced out, and a lower FD. With the exceptional torque and broad RPM range of the VE I don't think this would be a significant disadvantage (I'd probably barely notice it, given I short-shift most of the time now anyway). Unfortunately, the combo here would only drop RPMs in fifth 200, and given my current trans is a factory-new I'd have to wonder if that's worth it...

Anyone know if these are drop-in for the B13, or would I be forced to replace shifting and clutch release mechanisms? Wish I had access to a six-speed to look at those fifth gears... - GA