NX Highway Cruisin'...

JaretR1 at aol.com JaretR1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 15:07:49 CDT 2009

It has nothing to do with the 55 mph thing.  My 2006 RSX Type S spins  at
3700 RPM or so at 75 MPH (and that's with a 6 speed!).  Its about  keeping
the engine spinning where the power is.  I made many a trip in my  SE-R and
even at 80 Mph, closing in on 4k RPM, it still got 32 MPG on the  highway.  I
really do not find engine noise to be the problem with these  cars at
highway speeds.  Road noise is much more of a problem.  I am  not sure dropping
engine revs is going to make a whole lot of difference in  noise.

In a message dated 8/20/2009 2:57:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,