B13 transmissions - interest?

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 30 15:19:07 CDT 2009

Hey Guys,

I gotta do some garage cleaning, and I've got all these B13
transmissions {err, transaxles] and parts around.  Does anyone still
want these dang things or are guys just using the later model ones now?
   (sorry, I'm way outta touch with current SE-R trends.)

Guess I'm just asking, should I try to find them a home or just take
them to the junkyard this weekend?

I have the following B13 stuff:
One transaxle, small hole (~1" dia) punched in the outer case from
impact with curb in wreck.  Insides were in good working order before.
Easy enough to weld a patch over hole, but I don't know if it would
distort the case too badly.

One transaxle, 3rd gear grenaded.  Housing good.  Doubt you'd want to
reuse the guts, except maybe the diff.

One set of transaxle guts, good condition, low miles, minus housing, in
boxes.

-Wayne