LeMons SE-R!

Grover Pickering groverpickering at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 08:25:19 CDT 2009

The crew at NISsport <http://www.nissport.com/> is announcing their intent
to enter an SE-R in the
24 Hours of Lemons <http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/> race at Motorsport
Ranch Houston <http://www.msrhouston.com/> on Oct 24-25,
2009<http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/yeehawtex09/>
.

We have secured an excellent car for this purpose.  Long-time
SE-R.net<http://www.se-r.net/>
contributor <http://www.se-r.net/engine/maf_ground.html> Jim
Wright<http://www.se-r.net/owners/sentra_k-z.html#Jim%20Wright>lost
his beloved SE-R to a battle with a Texas hail
storm.  For those of you who attended the 2000 SE-R National Convention
 in Texas – I am sure you can appreciate what this means.  After declaring
it a total loss and giving Jim a generous Stimulus check, the insurance
company was gracious enough to return it at exactly the
$500 LeMons limit <http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/rules/>.  For Jim the
sight of the car lapping (perhaps for the
final time) at LeMons far exceeds any plans that his insurance company
may have had.  He purchased the car new and this may be a fitting end.

The car looks like it survived a High School fundraiser where everyone
took a shot with a ball-pean hammer.  The interior also displays the
signs of aging that the Texas sun can provide to a black car with a
black interior.  The great news is that it’s mechanically sound and
shows the care provided by its owner.  The venerable SR20DE runs
very strong and has the additional benefit of a POP Charger, Header,
and full exhaust.  We are very excited about this as a starting point.

Please note that this is not a NISsport sponsored effort – since
NISsport is basically a non-profit.  It is a group of great friends and
fans of the SE-R who are enjoying a dream - thrashing an SE-R
around a track for an obscenely long time.

As part of our racing effort, we are going to help with the
fundraising efforts of the Collin County Children’s Advocacy
Center<http://www.cacplano.org/>
.
Since this an endurance race, we’d love it if you would consider a
per lap donation.  Our goal is around 450 laps.  All contributors
will receive an official thank you packet including a Race Photo!
Details about this will come later.

If you would like to follow the progress of the car, be sure and
check out our Blog <http://lemonsse-r.blogspot.com/>, be a fan on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/LeMons-SE-R/123565627160>and
follow us on
Twitter <http://twitter.com/LeMonsSER>.  You may also email
LeMonsSER at gmail.com for additional
information.  We be providing updates to the SE-R/Sentra/Nissan
community on a periodic basis.

If you would like to come out to the
track<http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=1282494>and
help out – or just