Lightened Flywheel and New Life

Chris Scarpulla sr20de at optonline.net
Wed Jul 22 15:30:17 CDT 2009

> [mailto:se-r-bounces at se-r-list.org] On Behalf Of Ray Kawski

> You car just seems low on power.  My VE with 3" exhaust and
> stock 20 cams was all over you!  Somethings not right!

The 60mm exhaust is choking it big-time. On the XXTuning DynaPack it gained
10hp when we dropped the exhaust at the header. So I know there's more power
to be had, but keeping with the daily driver theme, I'd rather have the oh
so easy to live with torque from a turbo than needing to rev it to the sky.

Dyno charts for reference -
http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/chriscar2/VE%20Dyno/

Selling my N1 cams, Fuji header, and HKS Sport exhaust will get me well on
the way to covering the cost of boosting it, especially since I got the
turbo and manifold for a song.

And a comparison of my old T28 @ 7psi with S4 cams SR220DE NX2000 vs the VE
I was running in my 92 SE-R before it was totalled. +60-75 whp and torque
are hard to argue with.
http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/chriscar2/VE%20Dyno/