Lightened Flywheel and New Life

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jul 22 12:40:01 CDT 2009

Last mod to my SE-R?
11:1 CR engine (RIP)
When the steel shot took out 100% of the engine that oil touched, I removed the engine. That was spring 2000. In 2003 I reinstalled the original engine. I routed one part of the wiring harness wrong, and that apparently lead to a short. Never chased it down. Little did I know when I took out the 11:1 engine that it was the last time the SE-R would ever move on its own.
While working on my 944 some years ago I watch some rust fall off the SE-R (it spent its first 4 years in the northeast). It was then that I realized trying to restore my SE-R (original owner of a 1991) was a fools errand. That sucks. I had planned on keeping that car forever. If it weren't rusted so badly I most definitely would restore it. Bummer.
Geo