On-Car LCA Bushing Install

Kevin Hart bowlcut at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 22:06:34 CDT 2009

Good luck is all I can say.  The one with the hole in it is dead simple.
The two piece round one is the problem.  Getting the old one out is a total
PITA.  What I did, is what I know a lot of people do.  Get a spare set of
LCA's either new or used, use the opertunity to get a new ball joint in them
and swap the bushings on the bench.  Then its an easy swap of the LCA's
about an hour a side I would say.  Get all the hard work done one weekend,
do the swap the next.

The way to get the round ones out is mixed.  One way is to drill them out
with lots of drill holes and then lots of pushing and hammering.  Or cut the
metal sleve and then pushing.  Or the most fun way....torch them out.  I
honestly dont see how you could get that one out with it on the car.  And at
that point you are only a couple more bolts away from just removing it
totally.

--
-Kevin

"You can't turn a pig into a thoroughbred,
but if you spend enough time and money,
you sure can make a mighty fast pig"