15 years ago (Make that 18 years ago)

Darren Calbero DarrenC at ampartners.com
Wed May 6 14:33:09 CDT 2009

Hey Geo,

Looking through my email drafts folder and came across this email I was
intending to respond back to you.  That was 3 years ago!  But hey, it is
now 2009 and I still have my car, albeit with a few more signs of old
age.  The recent thread on the list about replacing the water pump
somehow got my car thinking it needed a new one itself and blew the
plastic top cap of the radiator 2 weeks ago.  Talk about coincidence.

Yes I miss the old days of the list which was much more fun, happy, and
a great resource for information, then suddenly people started to get
into the "search the archive" mode of response.  Not sure if there are
enough people who are willing to bring this list up to the traffic it
once did or if Larry is willing to let it get that noisy again
(bandwidth issues).

Darren Calbero <DarrenC at ampartners.com> wrote:

>After the truck kept breaking down on me, I was told by my father to
>either fix it right or get a new car.  I came home that same day with a
>brand new '91 Nissan Sentra SE-R.

Great post!

Dang, it's 15 years ago this month I bought mine as well.  What a trip
down
memory lane.  Sadly, mine has not run since 2000 when I had to pull my
high
output NA.  I still own it though.  All it needs is the wiring harness
rerouted.  I routed it just a bit off when I reinstalled the original
engine and ended up with a short somewhere.  One of these days I'll get
round tuit and get it running again.  I miss it.

George Roffe

PS:  I was just thinking about you the other day Darren and wondering if
a)
you still had your car and b) you were still on the list.  I miss the
good
old days of the list.  It had a difference sense of camaradarie from the
forums - I think a tighter knit group.