RIP: SCC

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 12:16:40 CDT 2009

Coleman said that the archived issues (both paper and electronic) were kept "offsite" somewhere.  We need to understand that Super Street was the favorite child of the head publisher at Primedia/Argus/Intersource.  SCC was a thorn in their side because SCC staff (Coleman aera mainly) did it right AND made money but at a great cost in $ and manhours.  The publishers hated SCC because it made their favorite look like the crapola it was, so the archives where dumped/deleted or converted....   anyway, Coleman said that some of the pertainent articles are now on Modified's website.  He wasn't sure how many though.  The reporduction/scan quality is terrible from what Dave said....  Some might also be on one of the Nissan specific sites (courtesy of Kojima?)...

I found the SCC project car articles here:

http://sportcompactcar.automotive.com/project-vehicles/index.html

Erik Halvorson