Tips on changing the water pump?

Eric Waterman eric.waterman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:04:59 CDT 2009

I swapped the water pump in my B13 with the engine in the car and I have
AC.  Omer is right, loosen the pulley bolts with the belt on.  I think I
didn't and had to use a large pair of channel lock pliers to hold it.  Gear
wrenches are your friend as well.  I left the wheels on the ground and used
a floor jack under the oil pan to lift the front of the engine to get
access.  I also have a VE oil filter housing, so that may have given me more
room.  I think it took a few hours for me to swap it by myself.

Eric Waterman