CV Axel time...

Kevin Hart bowlcut at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:38:11 CDT 2009

Only real gotcha I ever ran into is the nature of how axles are rebuilt.
Our outer part shares the same diameter and pitch on the flutes as say a
ford escort.  Only thing different is that the ford part is longer.  So ive
seen many rebuilds with ford outter axles and makes it hard to get the axle
into the hub without full disassemble of the suspension.  Its because when
they get the busted axles back, they just bin sort them based on diameter
and if it fits into a certain hole.  then they get rebuilt by batch.

So YMMV, but ive had decent luck out of O'Riley's axles on most of my daily
drivers.  If it was a car that was more than a daily or stock hp....i might
consider raxles, but the hefty price of them is all that stops most from
using them more.

--
-Kevin

"You can't turn a pig into a thoroughbred,
but if you spend enough time and money,
you sure can make a mighty fast pig"