Reliable

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Wed Feb 11 18:29:16 CST 2009

Well, my '91 SE-R is my dedicated competition car.  Other than an
alternator that failed the morning of an event, it hasn't let me down
in years.  About 190k on that one and a lot of time at WOT and
redline.  Lots of things people might be bother by failures in just
don't exist in that car anymore though.

'92 G20 has 230k on it, and it's my daily driver.  The PO did some
very, very bad things to it, but once those were rectified, it's
dead-solid reliable.  I take it on 400+ mile 1 day trips monthly.

Our '05 Altima 3.5SE has about 45k on it, and in 3.5 years the total
maintenance cost is well under $1k, including oil changes at the
dealer.  It's probably closer to $500 than $1k.  I think the Volvo V40
it replaced was running at least $1k/year in maintenance.

Something new breaks on my '93 Chevrolet pickup about every 2 months,
and it gets the least driving and the most attention of the four.

Mark Holden
meh710 at gmail.com