diagnosing a mystery current drain

Jon turboser3006 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 22 22:41:53 CST 2008

Sounds like a cooked fuse in your meter. That is a big circuit to try to
measure with a 10A meter. If your meter is a pretty good one with a mV
scale, sometimes you can measure mV between the NEG battery post and the
bolt on the frame for the wire. If you see a few mV, try turning some
things on like the dome lamp to give yourself an idea of mV/amp. Then
you can start pulling fuses to see what is using current.

Jon Davis